There's never been a ship like this. Enjoy never-before-seen cruise features like a skating rink, a rock-climbing wall, a street fair, and more. The 142,000-ton, 3,114-guest Explorer of the Seas boasts the highest space-per-guest ratio in the cruise market, and includes enhanced staterooms, expanded dining options and exceptional recreational facilities. This cruise ship is so high-tech, it even features the University of Miami Ocean Lab, a state-of-the-art oceanographic and atmospheric science lab.
Almost anyone taking a first cruise. Those who like large ships or want an array of options with a touch of class. Those who want to be active and sociable. It's also ideal for families with several generations traveling together, as the diversity of shipboard activities and programs provides something for every age.
If you've been in search of the ideal cruise to board for your much needed and deserved vacation, look no further. Tie your hair back, kick off your shoes, relax, and enjoy your cruising experience aboard Royal Caribbean's Explorer of the Seas. You're guaranteed to remains completely occupied by our plethora of activity possibilities for your enjoyment.
* Daily scheduled activities organized by cruise staff
* Shopping galleria with duty free shop, general store, jewelry shop, logo items
* Destination & shopping lectures and shore excursions
* Royal Promenade lined with bars and shops is the heartbeat of the ship
* Fully equipped Shipshape Fitness Center with state-of-the-art gym & aerobics room and health & fitness program
* Beauty Salon with full service treatments
* Full service spa with sauna/steam rooms and massage
* 3 outdoor pools with swim-up bar and 6 whirlpool spas
* Deck sports including ping-pong, basketball, volleyball, shuffleboard, jogging track
* The industry's first Rock Climbing Wall at sea
* 125 feet in-line skating track
* Explorer Dunes 9-hole mini golf
* Golf Simulator & Golf Hitting Cage
* Observation Deck at the prow for fantastic views
* 900-seat Studio B has concerts, games shows, ice skating performances
* Center Ice(at Studio B) ice skating rink
* Bi-level Library for quiet reading
If the ideal cruising experience includes fine cuisines, the perfect dining atmosphere, and the convenience of room service 24 hours a day, you've boarded the right ship. No matter what type of preference your appetite acquires, our highly skilled chefs are capable of satisfying even the pickiest of taste buds.
* Columbus, De Gama & Magellan dining rooms offer three-tiered seating, serving sit-down breakfast, lunch & dinner
* Windjammer Cafe offers all day casual dining
* Island Grill has alternative casual dining menu
* Portofino Restaurant offers Italian cuisine in an intimate atmosphere by reservations only($20pp cover charge applies)
* Johnny Rockets Diner is a casual 50's style diner with indoor and outdoor seating, serving burgers, fries and malted milk shakes
* Cafe Promenade serves coffee, pastries & light snacks
* Aquarium Bar offers libations amidst tanks of colourful tropical fish
* Crown & Kettle is English style pub offering snacks & pints
* Champagne Bar offers champagne & fine wines by the glass
* Gala midnight buffet one night during the cruise
* Daily afternoon tea
* Complimentary 24-hour room service
* The Palace Theater spans 5 decks from orchestra pit to domed ceiling, offering full production shows
* Maharaja's offers dancing and cabaret entertainment
* Viking Crown Lounge offers 5 different lounges for cocktails with friends
* Casino Royale offers blackjack, craps, roulette, electronic slot machines, video poker
* Weekend Warrior sports bar offers large screen TV and sprots broadcasts
* Connoisseur Club cigar club has fine cigars and cognacs
* The Chamber night-club has DJ & dancing
* Schooner Bar has signature nautical decor and a great place to meet friends
* Gaming Arcade offers hours of fun for everyone
To simplify the service recognition process, Royal Caribbean automatically adds a $12.95 USD gratuity ($15.95 USD for Suite Guests) to each guest’s SeaPass® account on a daily basis. This gratuity is shared by Dining Services Staff, Stateroom Attendants other Housekeeping Services Personnel that work to enhance your cruise. The daily automatic gratuity amounts are recommended and are based on customary industry standards.
For all bookings made on and after April 14, 2016 that sail on or after May 1, 2016, the gratuity charge will increase to $13.50 per guest per day ($16.50 per guest per day for Suites)
In the unlikely event that a guest onboard being charged the daily automatic gratuity does not receive satisfactory service, the guest may request to modify the daily amount at their discretion by visiting Guest Services during their cruise. Any modifications or adjustments to your gratuities are required to be requested before you depart your cruise.
Guests who have prepaid their gratuities will not have a daily amount charged.
Note: This information is provided as a guide only and is subject to change at any time by the cruise line.
On Royal Caribbean, there are three different forms of evening dress that a passenger will need. These include casual, “smart” casual, and formal. Usually two evenings will require formal wear (on a one-week cruise). Note: Dress Codes are subject to change. Updated June 21, 2010