Holland America's second Vista Class ship ms Oosterdam joins her sister ship ms Zuiderdam in the summer of 2003. On board, l,848 pampered guests will enjoy unsurpassed space per person ratio by any other ship. On board, 1,848 pampered guests will in a fleet already known for its stylish, spacious comfort. Plus, more outside staterooms with ocean views and private verandahs. More convenience, including Internet/E-mail data ports in every stateroom, expanded spa facilities, and three sparkling pools.
The ms Oosterdam is a creative blend of charm and modern amenities, affording all guests the comfort and convenience they expect on board a Holland America ship. Officially christened in 2003 by Her Dutch Royal Highness, Princess Margriet of The Netherlands, the ms Oosterdam is the second in our series of Vista-class ships. As on all Vista-class ships, Holland America Line embraces the latest industry and environmental technologies such as her use of a full-scale diesel-electric power plant for optimal energy efficiency and an Azipod propulsion system that maximizes maneuverability.
Symbolic of Holland America Line's more than 130-year history of circumnavigating the globe, the centerpiece of the ms Oosterdam is a magnificent Waterford crystal globe, prominently displayed in a three-story atrium. First-time cruisers aboard this ship will quickly recognize the traditional touches that make Holland America cruisers regulars; a warm palette of colors accentuating an extensive use of crystal, marble, inlaid woods and brass, lovely flower arrangements, priceless artwork and antiques, and a full wraparound teak promenade deck with padded deck chairs. All Signature of Excellence enhancements to her public rooms will be complete in Fall 2006.
Those who enjoy cruise traditions and want a quality experience in a refined environment but like the facilities and range of choices available on new super liners. Small ship devotees open to trying a large ship. Former budget cruisers ready to move up to higher quality.
If you're looking for the ultimate cruising experience that you'll remember for a lifetime, you've come aboard the right ship.
The ship of Holland America's Oosterdam is well equip to accommodate all of your activity possibilities. From the moment you embark this vessel to the second before you disembark, you're guaranteed to become so occupied that it will be virtually impossible to keep track of the days nor the hour.
* Club HAL, dedicated youth facilities and activities for kids ages 3 to 12
* The Loft, designed exclusively for teens to have fun, socialize and hang out with people their own age
* The Greenhouse Spa & Salon features thermal suites, a hydrotherapy and thalassotherapy pool, heated ceramic lounges and more
* Lido Pool: Warm days with light, salty breezes are made for lounging poolside with an icy beverage in one hand and an epic novel in the other. Does this count as doing something or doing nothing? You'll soon know...
* Concierge Lounge
* Shore Excursions
* Explorer's Lounge: Make yourself comfortable. The Explorer's Lounge is your space -- an inviting arena of rich hues and warm smiles -- in which to relax with a cookie or a cocktail.
World-renowned master chef Reiner Greubel leads our award-winning culinary staff in providing extensive dining options, including "light & healthy" items, continental and ethnic cuisines, and vegetarian dishes. All are available in a range of dining venues.
* Vista Lounge: Smart and sophisticated, the Vista Lounge whispers excitement long before the curtain rises. Watch a dazzling off-Broadway show and, in a blaze of light and color, you are instantly transported into another world.
* The Lido Restaurant offers a relaxed ambiance for all three meals and features a variety of fresh, cooked-to-order specialties
* The intimate reservations-only Pinnacle Grill offers an elegant, sophisticated dining experience and features premium hand-selected cuts of Sterling Silver beef, inspired seafood dishes and many select wines rated "Excellent" by Wine Spectator - as well as distinctive Bvlgari china, Riedel stemware and Frette linens
Close your eyes and imagine the most thrill seeking entertainment options that surpasses any and all entertainment that you will ever experience. What you're imagining right now would be the vessel of Holland America's Oosterdam. This ship has more to offer than just the superb view of the open seas. No matter how you plan on spending your nights here, you'll become well entertained.
* Piano Bar: The sleek and futuristic Piano Bar is a study of form and function, texture and taste. Soak it all in as a talented musican nimbly tickles the ivories.
* Ocean Bar: Stylish, jaunty tones and maritime motifs bring seasoned seafarers to the Ocean Bar. Rub shoulders with other "old salts" as you swap tales of journeys past.
* Neptune Lounge: At your service is the Neptune Lounge's Concierge, exclusively available to Penthouse and Deluxe Verandah Suite guests. Relax here over breakfast pastries with your favorite newspaper, or gather for evening hors d'oeuvres and cocktails in this timeless, genteel setting.
* Explorer's Lounge: Contemporary furnishings and a relaxed atmosphere -- these are the essential ingredients for the understated elegance of the Explorer's Lounge. This meeting place for friends old and new offers intimate seating for small gatherings.
* Cigar Room: Reminiscent of a Victorian society club, the Cigar Room is where a post-prandial Macanudo or Arturo cigar and a fine cognac are vices not only permitted, but encouraged. A humidor keeps the former in perfect condition, while the latter is hand-selected by the on-board sommelier and ranges from VS to XO.
Holland America Lines charges a daily hotel service charge directly to the on-board account. This amount is $11 per passenger. Additionally, a 15% gratuity is added to all bar purchases. Note: Gratuity Policies are subject to change. Updated June 21, 2010
Holland America emphasizes that passengers dress for comfort during the day onboard as well as on shore at the ports of call. Evening wear includes both formal and “smart casual” categories. Slacks and collared shirts for men set a good example of that qualifies at ‘smart casual” while this category includes casual dresses, slacks and informal variations of evening wear for women. Note: Dress Codes are subject to change. Updated June 21, 2010