The Norwegian Getaway is NCL's second entry into their Breakaway class, and a continuation of their commitment to multi-generational travel at sea. With staterooms designed to feel like modern boutique hotel rooms, guests are greeted by an ambiance that is both warm and contemporary. Throughout the ship there is a multitude of dining experiences (such as Cagney's Steakhouse, Teppanyaki, and Geoffrey Zakarian's Ocean Blue), sure to delight even the most seasoned palates. Ready for some action? Check out the Aqua Park, complete with five multi-story waterslides including the Free Fall, or the Sports Complex where you can challenge yourself on the ropes course. For the truly daring, walk 8 feet out over the ocean on the Getaway's plank! And of course, there's entertainment a plenty. Dance the night away at Bliss, check out Legally Blonde in the theatre, or bring the whole family in for some world class magic tricks at the Illusionarium. On the Norwegian Getaway, there's never a dull moment.
First-time cruisers, active travelers of all ages who want an all-around fun vacation. Joiners. Repeaters and middle-income travelers who like entertainment and recreational variety of a large ship - but not as large as a megaliner. Those whose special interest relate to sports and music, particularly jazz and country. Those who vacation with their children.
* Aqua Park: Five multi-story waterslides, two swimming pools, and four hot tubs. Includes the fastest water slide at sea, the Free Fall, one of two drop-slides that will drop you at 4Gs.
* Kid's Aqua Park: Splash the day away with SpongeBob SquarePants & friends in this pirate themed park.
* Splash Academy: Kids ages 3-12 can enjoy this complimentary youth program constructed with age-appropriate creative play, sports, and more. From scavenger hunts to shipboard family challenges, dodgeball, and pizza-making, the fun never stops.
* Getaway Casino: Test your luck at one of the largest casinos at sea. Norwegian has been consistently been rated the best cruise line casino by Casino Player magazine and Porthole magazine for 10 years running!
* Entourage: Built for teens aged 13-17, by day Entourage is a clubhouse and by night, a dance club. It hosts themed events, fashion and theatre workshops, pool parties and more.
* Sports Complex: A playground for all ages with 3 stories of action packed activities. Includes the largest ropes course at sea, an actual gangplank that allows you to walk 8 feet out from the side of the ship, a rock climbing wall, and the SpiderWeb (a 24-foot enclosed climbing cage with a spiral slide). Yes, there are traditional sports, such as golf and basketball, as well.
* Spa: A vacation within a vacation! The Getaway's Day Spa, Medi Spa, Salon and Fitness Center offers you a world-class rejuvenating experience with more than 50 treatments (such as hot stone massages, oxygen facials, and acupuncture.) Don't forget to check out the thermal spa suite, which features a steam room, dry sauna, vitality pool, hot tubs, waterfalls, and heated tile loungers. Plus, there is the Salt Room, a Norwegian exclusive, designed to mimic the naturally therapeutic salt caves in Eastern Europe.
* Ocean Blue by Geoffrey Zakarian: Exclusive dining experience comprised of three venues (Ocean Blue, Ocean Blue on the Waterfront, and The Raw Bar)
* Le Bistro French Restaurant: French cuisine at its finest.
* Cagney's Steakhouse: American style Steakhouse
* Savor Restaurant: Traditional Fare with Contemporary Flair.
* Taste Restaurant: Across from Taste, another main dining option. Ocean to floor views.
* Teppanyaki: Japanese hibachi.
* Moderno Churrascaria: Brazilian Steakhouse.
* O'Sheehans Neighborhood Bar & Grill: Irish/American pub fare, in a relaxed atmosphere.
* Shanghai's Noodle Bar: The largest noodle bar at sea!
* La Cucina Italian Restaurant: Colorful piazza-style trattoria
* Dolce Gelato: Offers a variety of delicious flavors of gelato.
* Wasabi Sushi: Sushi, sashimi, and more.
* Garden Cage: Large buffet offering everything you could possibly imagine.
* Burn The Floor: A 45 minutes dance extravaganza filled with breathtaking choreography, heart pounding music, and unforgettable moves. And if you want to brush on your moves, the show's amazing performers do offer classes throughout your cruise.
* Howl at the Moon: The world's greatest rock 'n roll dueling piano show. Come dance the night away while listening to live performances of your favorite songs from the 70s, 80s, 90s, and today.
* Legally Blonde: Exclusively on the Norwegian Getaway, come see the seven-time Tony Award nominated musical.
* Levity Entertainment Group: A roster of top-notch comedians ready to make you laugh until your sides hurt.
* The Illusionarium: An intimate dinner experience featuring world-class magicians performing in a one of a kind venue onboard.
* Fireworks: Every cruise onboard the Norwegian Getaway includes a breathtaking fireworks show. Enjoy the sights and sounds of this spectacular event under the stars from the open-air venue, Spice H2O.
Aboard Norwegian, gratuities and tipping are completely optional and at the discretion of the passenger. However, NCL does have a service charge of $12 per person per day that is charged to the onboard account.
Note: Gratuity Policies are subject to change. Updated June 21, 2010
Dress Code: In accordance with the exciting “freestyle” cruising experience that NCL is famous for, passengers can ultimately wear whatever they want, whenever they please. This “resort casual” mentality is standard.
Note: Dress Codes are subject to change. Updated June 21, 2010