Cruise Lines to the Galapagos Islands
Celebrity Cruises and Silversea Cruises are the two major Galapagos cruise lines: The number of companies allowed to operate here is limited to avoid damaging the ecosystem. Both offer many choices of sailings and excursions, and we can help you find Galapagos cruise deals on either line.
When Is the Best Time to Cruise the Galapagos Islands?
The most popular times to visit are between mid-June and early September and mid-December through mid-January, but you can find discount Galapagos cruises and decent weather at any time of the year. The coolest weather is in June through November, but this attracts rare birds and fish, making it a perfect time of year for nature-lovers.
Popular Highlights of the Galapagos Islands
- Watching the mating rituals of the blue-footed boobies on North Seymour Island
- Visiting the Charles Darwin Research Station on Santa Cruz Island
- Sunbathing with sea lions at Garner Bay on Espanola Island
- Swimming with Galapagos penguins near Pinnacle Rock on Bartolome Island
- Seeing the giant tortoise reserve on Floreana Island
- Snorkeling in the lava tunnels of the Tintoreras Islets on Isabela Island to see puffer fish, giant rays, and white-tipped sharks
Cruise Tips for the Galapagos Islands
- Pack weather-appropriately. You will need quick-drying shirts for yourself and plastic baggies to protect items from rain. For the sun, don't forget sunblock, aloe, and a wide-brimmed hat.
- There are lava flows all over the Galapagos Islands, and they form rough and sometimes sharp surfaces, so make sure you've packed sturdy shoes.
- Bring medication for motion sickness if you're traveling during Humboldt Current season: It can bring choppy seas.
- Do a little pre-trip research. Many famous biologists have studied here, and reading On the Origin of Species, The Beak of the Finch, or My Father's Island can add some interesting context to your trip. You could also check out the BBC documentary Galapagos: The Islands That Changed the World.
- Make sure you bring your best camera for videos and photos. You'll be able to get some incredible views of wildlife. The animals often allow tourists to get surprisingly close, but a zoom lens is still helpful.
Experience the Wonders of Nature With Our Galapagos Cruise Deals
CruiseDirect is the best source for discount Galapagos cruises: We offer the lowest prices, guaranteed, along with flexible payment plans to make your journey as affordable as possible. When you turn to us for discount Galapagos cruises, you'll pay no booking fees and be able to set up your dream Galapagos cruise with ease. For nature-lovers looking for an adventure, there's no better destination.
Enjoy all that the Galapagos Islands have to offer from the comfort of a beautiful cruise ship full of amenities and guides to help you have the best experience possible. Contact us today to talk with a cruise expert!