Guests on Holland America cruises enjoy lots of enriching activities. America’s Test Kitchen offers live cooking shows and workshops. Do you love cooking? Learn to make pasta with ease or perfect that pie crust!
Naturally, that’s not all that a Holland America cruise has to offer. Would you like to learn how to make wine? Or finally figure out how to edit your photos on a computer? Plus, watch movies under the stars or enjoy live music at B.B. King’s Blues Club. Indulge in authentic Italian or French meals at dinner time.
And that’s only onboard! Now choose your destination. Sail away with Holland America Line to Asia, Alaska, or the South Pacific. You can even spend the holidays sailing the Caribbean, New Zealand, or Indonesia.
|Ship||Rating||Launched||Pax||Crew||Pools||Bars||Casino||Kids Programs||CDC Score||Minimum Price|
Entertainment & Attractions
Welcome to today’s Holland America Line—still classic and premium, but energized with new ideas. You can see it in the growing list of branded experiences:
Through BBC Earth’s innovative programming, guests will be taken closer to the ocean and natural world through groundbreaking concerts, films, shows, children’s activities and feature cruises.
In the Culinary Arts Center, presented by Food & Wine® magazine, guests can enjoy demonstrations and hands-on cooking classes. Select cruises feature some of the world’s leading culinary experts.
Explorations Café, powered by The New York Times, offers a coffeehouse environment featuring custom espresso drinks, pastries, Internet stations, and one of the most comprehensive libraries at sea.
From photo editing to PC security and cloud storage, Digital Workshop, powered by Windows, offers fun, free and informative sessions led by Microsoft-trained hosts.
Holland America Line is celebrating its Dutch heritage in a new partnership with Rijksmuseum, the most-visited national museum in the Netherlands. Through the collaboration, the “Rijksmuseum at Sea” will move fleetwide over the next several years.
On ms Koningsdam guests can experience BLEND by Chateau Ste. Michelle, the only purpose-built wine-blending venue at sea, with interactive learning and a chance to create their own custom wine to enjoy on board.
Introducing Music Walk: Entertainment has always been the heart and soul of evenings aboard Holland America Line, and on ms Koningsdam that promise takes new dimension with Music Walk, three stages presenting a variety of live music nightly.
Lincoln Center Stage: In an exclusive partnership with the world’s leading center for the performing arts, Lincoln Center Stage showcases outstanding, live chamber music performances.
BB King's Blues Club: Direct from Beale Street, the B.B. King’s All-Stars Band brings the best of Memphis music to sea. From funkyand fast to soulful and smooth, this eight-piece band performs nightly.
B.B. King’s Blues Club now appearing on these ships:
ms Nieuw Amsterdam
Billboard Onboard: Guests are part of the show as live musicians rock the crowd with 50 years of chart-topping hits. Between nightly sets, guests can sing and play along with trivia questions presented on screens throughout the room.
World Stage: An extraordinary theater at sea, features a two-story, 270-degree high-definition LED screen that immerses audiences in an everchanging backdrop of sight and sound.
On Holland America ships, you'll find a wide variety of exciting youth and teen friendly activities and facilities for guests ages 3 to 17. With supervised fun for the younger guests, the entire family can have the cruise vacation of their dreams.
Safe and Managed Supervision You can feel at ease knowing that your child's onboard experience is safe and well-managed. All Club HAL® activities are supervised by permanent, full-time staff, and are designed to be kid friendly and age appropriate. Youth Staff hold degrees in education, childhood development, recreation, leisure studies or related fields.
- Club HAL® - Kids*: Children, ages 3-7, can participate in such activities as pirate treasure hunts, hands-on pizza making, storytelling, "Little Artists" crafts, ice cream sundae parties and a farewell pajama party. Children in the Kid's age group must be toilet trained. Children in pull-ups or diapers are not allowed in the youth facilities, due to mandates from US Public Health. Exceptions to this rule cannot be made.
- Club HAL® - Tweens*: Tweens, ages 8-12 take part in Xbox and Wii tournaments, relay races, scavenger hunts, karaoke disco parties and participate in the award-winning National Park Service Jr. Ranger Program in Alaska on Alaska cruises.
- The Loft and The Oasis*: Teens, ages 13-17 enjoy mocktail mixology classes, late night sporting competitions, teen yoga and hip hop classes, guys verses girls scavenger hunts, cooking demos, tech classes and teen only night club events. When there are more than 100 children on board, a HAL Talent Show is offered. (The Loft and Oasis are not available on the Prinsendam. The Oasis is located on the Statendam, Ryndam, Veendam, Rotterdam, Zaandam, Volendam and Amsterdam.)
*On the ms Prinsendam, youth activities are offered for ages 5-17. All other ships offer youth activities for ages 3-17.
- Kids & Teens Culinary Arts Center Program: HAL Kids Culinary Workshops now offer children a unique and fun learning experience. Kids will learn basic cooking techniques, kitchen safety, new ingredients and how to follow recipe instructions. Aside from the fun involved, cooking encourages kids to think about numbers and measuring, cleanliness, safety and time management. The Culinary Art Center is a place where questions are encouraged and having fun is a must!
- Additional Family Services: Holland America Line is dedicated to making your family's cruise vacation memorable and happy for each member of your family. Holland America serves a wide variety of kid-pleasing food, including special sandwiches, tacos, hamburgers, hot dogs and pizza. Baby food, high chairs and booster seats may be requested in advance of boarding. On sea days, babysitting services are available through the Front Office for a small surcharge for children 3 years of age or older. This service is provided by staff on a volunteer basis, and may not always be available. Babysitting service is not offered while the ship is in port, although Club Hal does offer activities for children aged 3-12 between 8:00am and 4:00pm on port days. Special kid-friendly birthday parties can also be arranged with advance notice.
Spa & Fitness
Holland America Line makes it easy for you to stay fit and trim while on your journey with fully equipped fitness centers (minimum age for guests using the fitness center is 16 years old) and sports courts. Fitness centers aboard each ship include exercise and weight training equipment, and sports courts may include tennis, volleyball or basketball. The broad, generously proportioned teak decks are perfect for walkers and joggers, and when you are finished exercising, cool off in one of the pools. To maintain or achieve optimum health, work with one of the qualified personal trainers or take one of the fitness classes lead by knowledgeable instructors. Some classes include - Yoga, Pilates, Cardio, Aquarobics.
Of all the fascinating places you can visit on a Holland America cruise ship, none rejuvenates and relaxes like the Greenhouse Spa & Salon, featuring heavenly beauty and wellness rituals. Choose the blissful pampering of a facial therapy or let the trained fingers of a massage therapist soothe your muscles while working fragrant oils into your skin. Enjoy therapeutic water treatments as you steam in a thermal suite or bathe in herbs, all the while cruising to exotic destinations and enjoying the indulgences that are a signature feature of luxurious Holland America Line cruises.
Relaxing treatment rooms also offer breathtaking views where guests can enjoy exotic skin, body and hair treatments ranging from hot stone massages and pedicures to hair styling and facials.
- A hydrotherapy pool bubbling with warm, therapeutic sea water. Available on select ships only.
- Heated ceramic lounge reminiscent of an opulent Turkish bath (except ms Prinsendam).
- Private treatment rooms, including couple's massage rooms.
- Massage therapy inspired by an exotic blend of cultures — from Hawaiian Lomi Lomi to Chinese Tui Na.
- The latest exotic skin, body, hair and nail treatments.
- Knowledgeable, professional therapists trained to guide you through your spa experience.
For rejuvenation through exercise, Holland America Line spas offer fitness classes to help you achieve optimum health and vitality. Yoga, Pilates, Indoor Cycling and cardio circuit training are available for participants at all levels. Take advantage of treadmills, stationary bikes, stairsteppers, rowing machines, weights and weight machines. Staffed with professionals, the tranquil Greenhouse Spa & Salon invites guests to embrace sensory indulgence on a luxurious cruise vacation to remember.