Due to this COVID-19 outbreak, our call and chat volume is higher than we could have ever predicted. Just like the public, our agents are learning new information constantly and relaying it to our customers. Our agents are working very hard to make sure every question, comment, and concern is being adhered to. While wait times will be longer due to chat, call and email volume, we do not want you to wait without answers. We have provided and outlined the latest up-to-date information we have regarding how each cruise line is handling their respective bookings below
It should be noted that while we are providing links from the cruise lines, since these bookings were made on CruiseDirect, the cruise line will not be able to handle issues or concerns with the bookings that were made through CruiseDirect.com. If there is still a concern about your booking, please reach out to our concierge team 1-888-407-2784 or chat our team for more information.
All excerpts below are pulled directly from the links provided for your convenience. For the most up to day information regarding cruise line updates and restrictions due to the illness, please visit the cruise line travel alerts listed below.
Cruise lines (Alphabetical Order)
- Holland America
- Royal Caribbean
- Travel Insurance
UPDATED SEPTEMBER 14TH, 2020 10:00 AM EST
At this time, we have extended suspensions for river cruise sailings embarking through October 31, 2020.
With this in mind, we want to assure you that your travel plans will be protected and are therefore providing you with the following options:
- Future Cruise Credit: A Future Cruise Credit (FCC) equal to 115% of the value of their AmaWaterways purchased services, redeemable on any Europe or Mekong River sailing through December 31, 2022.
- Full Monetary Refund: If you prefer, you may elect to instead receive a full monetary refund for the cancelled river cruise
APPLICABLE FOR FUTURE SAILINGS (COMMENCING SEPTEMBER 1,2020)
We will offer for a limited time, special provisions which allow guests with new or existing reservations to purchase AmaWaterways Travel Waiver Plus*. AmaWaterways Travel Waiver Plus provides cancellation for any reason, up to 24 hours prior to the start of their AmaWaterways booked services. FCC is transferrable with written confirmation provided by original FCC owner. Upon the expiration of the FCC on December 31, 2022, guests unable to use their FCC may ask for an extension or a refund equal to the original amount paid to AmaWaterways, unless FCC has already been applied in whole or partially to new booking.
UPDATED AUGUST 5TH, 2020 1:00 PM EST
Azamara will be extending the suspension of global operations for all sailings departing on-or-before October 31, 2020, as well as the Azamara Quest sailings on November 4 and 14, 2020.
Guests will have three compensation options to choose from.
- 125% Future Cruise Credit to book a new cruise by December 31, 2021 for sailings departing on or before April 30, 2022.
- This amount will be based on total cruise fare paid.
- Future Cruise Credit will automatically be issued by September 14, 2020 via email.
- If you have purchased pre- or post-land packages through Azamara, you will also receive compensation in the same form as your cruise fare.
- Lift and Shift: Or, you can keep the cruise vacation plans to the same destination and move the existing booking to a 2021 sailing within four weeks of the originally scheduled sailing.
- Call your Travel Agency by August 20th, 2020 to move the reservation at the same rate and promotion.
- If we don’t hear from you, we will automatically issue a Future Cruise Credit.
- 100% Refund: Or, you have until the end of this year – December 31, 2020 – to request a refund and deactivate the Future Cruise Credit certificate.
- You can expect to receive your refund 45 days after the request has been submitted.
We will automatically issue you your Future Cruise Credit via email as follows:
IF YOUR SAILING IS BETWEEN:
EXPECT YOUR FCC NO LATER THAN:
1 August - 15 September
31 July 2020
16 September - 30 September
26 August 2020
UPDATED SEPTEMBER 16TH, 2020 10:00 AM EST
As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, we regret to inform our guests that Carnival Cruise Line is having to cancel the following sailings:
- San Francisco sailings through 2020
- Carnival Spirit and Carnival Splendor sailings through and including December 17, 2020
- Carnival Spirit itineraries operating from Brisbane will be cancelled through May 16, 2021, with the first sailing being the Singapore to Brisbane voyage embarking on June 12, 2021.
- Carnival Legend sailings through and including October 30, 2020
- Mardi Gras sailings November 14, 2020 through and including January 30, 2021
- Carnival Breeze from Ft. Lauderdale sailings November 7, 2020 through and including March 7, 2021
- Carnival Imagination has been sold, please contact your travel agency
- Carnival Inspiration sailings through and including April 19, 2021
- Carnival Magic:
- Ft. Lauderdale and Miami sailings through and including October 31, 2020
- Itineraries operating from Miami will be cancelled until Mar. 13, 2021
- Transatlantic & Barcelona sailings April 10, 2021 through and including May 3, 2021
- Carnival Fascination has been sold, please contact your travel agency
- Carnival Sensation sailings March 3, 2022 and March 7, 2022
- Carnival Paradise itineraries operating from Tampa will be cancelled until Mar. 19, 2021
- Carnival Sunrise:
- Sailings through and including October 19, 2020
- Miami 7 and 8 day sailings from October 9, 2021 through and including April 30, 2022, excluding the March 5, 2022 sailing
- Miami 5 day sailing January 3, 2022
- Carnival Radiance:
- Sailings through and including November 1, 2020
- 9, 12 and 14 day sailings from May 2, 2021 through and including April 29, 2022
- 5 day sailings December 23, 2021 and December 28, 2021
- Carnival Valor itineraries operating from New Orleans will be cancelled until Apr. 29, 2021 (including the transatlantic cruise from New Orleans on Jan. 25, 2021 and the return from Barcelona on Feb. 26, 2021)
- All Other Ships sailings through and including October 31, 2020
MIAMI, Sept. 16, 2020 – Carnival Cruise Line today announced the sale of Carnival Fascination and Carnival Imagination, which had previously been put on long-term lay-up status and removed from published itineraries.
We truly value our guests and appreciate your patience and understanding. To that end, we want to provide flexibility as you think about your future plans. Below are two options for Guests whose cruise has been canceled to consider, including a bonus value offer. We look forward to welcoming you on board, when the time is right for you.
Carnival will honor this offer for any guests who were previously booked on voyages departing October 31, 2020 or prior and canceled their booking on or after March 6, 2020.
Regardless of the option you select, your taxes, fees and port expenses, Carnival Vacation Protection, pre-paid gratuities, pre-purchased Carnival shore excursions, beverage and Wi-Fi packages, and Fun Shop purchases will be automatically refunded to the original form of payment.
UPDATED SEPTEMBER 14TH, 2020 10:00 AM EST
As we work with the CDC and others toward this shared goal, Royal Caribbean Group will be extending the suspension of sailings to include those departing on or before October 31, 2020, excluding sailings from China and Australia along with three sailings in November, including the Celebrity Silhouette sailings of 11/8/20, 11/20/20 and Celebrity Infinity 11/16/20.
Celebrity Cruises will be suspending all Australia and New Zealand sailings departing between October 1st and 31st, 2020.
All booked guests will automatically receive a 125% Future Cruise Credit (FCC) valid until December 31st, 2021, for use on sailings through May 4th, 2022. The value of the FCC will be calculated based on amounts paid toward the cruise and will be processed by July 31st, 2020 via email. Cruise taxes and fees will be refunded automatically to the original form of payment within at least 30 days of cancellation.
The Government of Denmark has recently announced continued port closures for all cruise ships. In order to comply with these closures Celebrity Cruises will be cancelling late Summer sailings on Celebrity Silhouette and Celebrity Reflection with scheduled calls to Denmark.
Additionally, guests who have pre-booked any shore excursions, beverage, internet, specialty dining or other onboard packages, through Celebrity Cruises, have the option of receiving 125% Onboard Credit (OBC) to be used on their next sailing, or they may choose a 100% refund.
|Option #1 (Lift & Shift)||Option #2 (Best Value)||Option #3 (Lower Value)|
|Offer||Lift & Shift existing booking to the following sailing year. The original cruise fare price and promotion will be protected when selecting an alternative sailing of the same itinerary type, ship series, cruise length and stateroom category within 4 weeks of the original sailing date.||125% Future Cruise Credit (FCC) when booking on-or-before Dec 31st, 2021 and sailing by May 4th,2022||A 100% refund based on our standard cancellation guidelines|
|Action Items||Contact your travel agency||It's Simple‑ no Action Needed From You! FCC is Automatically issued to all impacted guests||Contact your travel agency|
We know you're looking forward to your next vacation, now more than ever. So, to give you peace of mind in planning your escape, we've enhanced our Cruise with Confidence program with a variety of ways to change your sailing. Simply book your vacation by August 5TH, 2020.
All cancellations and FCCs will be processed automatically.You can expect to receive your refund approximately 90 days after their request is submitted*****
- Best Price/Offer Guarantee
Once you've booked, if the fare on your sailing lowers or the promotion gets better, give us a call and we'll honor your choice right up to 48 hours before you sail.
- Future Cruise Credit
You have up to 48 hours before you sail to cancel and receive 100% of the amount paid in a Future Cruise Credit to use toward any sailing through May 4th, 2022.
- Lift and Shift - Rebook the same sailing
Want to take the same cruise the following year for the same price and with the same promotion? You can. Simply make this change by August 1, 2020.
Existing bookings and new bookings made May 6, 2020 through September 30, 2020, are eligible to be rescheduled to the following cruise year at the initial price and/or promotion when selecting an alternative sailing of the same itinerary type, ship series, stateroom category, and voyage length within four weeks of the original sail date. The ship series must be the same for Edge Series, Flora and Xpedition; however, Millennium Series and Solstice Series are interchangeable. Only guests originally booked on a Christmas or New Year’s Holiday sailing may move to a Christmas or New Year’s Holiday sailing the following year.
The decision to adjust a current booking to the following cruise year must be made by September 30, 2020, this includes rescheduling a 2021 sailing to a 2022 sailing through May 4. 2022. If rescheduling within the penalty period of the original sailing date, penalties will be carried over to the new booking - should the new booking be canceled later. You may only reschedule a sailing once. Once the Lift & Shift option has been applied you may not rebook on your original sailing.
Guests booked on sailings suspended between September 16 and September 30, 2020 have until August 5, 2020 to reschedule their voyage for the following year at the original price and promotion otherwise their booking will automatically be converted to an FCC.
Previously suspended sailings departing March 14 through September 15, may also “Lift Shift” under the new Cruise With Confidence program but must forgo 25% of the 125% FCC provided. The decision to “Lift & Shift” previously suspended sailings must be made by September 30, 2020.
UPDATED AUGUST 19TH, 2020 1:00 PM EST
The first ship to set sail will be Costa Deliziosa, on September 6, 2020, from Trieste discovering beautiful destinations in Greece.
She will be followed by Costa Diadema, on September 19, 2020, operating on 7-day cruises in Western Mediterranean from Genoa to experience the best of Italy and Malta.
The Italian government has officially approved the resumption of cruise operations and we are pleased to announce the restart of operations from Italian ports. Initially, it will be a gradual restart from our Italian ports reserved exclusively for our Italian Guests.
With the aim of ensuring the highest level of safety for guests, crew and ports of call and in line with the decision to carry out a responsible restart, we are announcing that Costa Deliziosa will depart from Trieste and Costa Diadema will depart from Genoa in September and will only call at Italian ports.
Except for the above-mentioned departures of Costa Deliziosa (September 6, 13, 20, 27) and Costa Diadema (September 19), we voluntarily are extending the pause of all the other originally planned cruises until September 30, 2020.
||October 3, 2020
||September 27, 2020
||October 1, 2020
||October 23, 2020
||October 7, 2020
||October 4, 2020
||October 5, 2020
||October 2, 2020
||October 3, 2020|
We regret to inform you that all cruises with Costa Victoria and Costa NeoRomantica have been cancelled and will no longer be available. Do you have a confirmed booking? No worries, we are pleased to offer you an alternative option.
You can choose any cruise on another ship in our fleet of equal or shorter duration with a departure until April 2022, taking advantage of a 10% discount calculated on the cruise fee of your new booking.
If you choose not to rebook with a discount, please complete and submit this form to request a refund. Refund will be issued no earlier than 90 days after the request.
You will be contacted soon by your Travel Agency or our Contact Center for further details and to assist you with choosing the best option for you.
If your cruise has been canceled by Costa Cruises due to the COVID-19 pandemic, you will receive:
A FUTURE CRUISE CREDIT VOUCHER OF 150%
so that you can continue to visit the world plus a bonus to spend on cabin category upgrade and itinerary options.
No need to contact us, Vouchers will be sent to the email on record.
UPDATED JUNE 10TH, 2020 1:30 PM
As a result of the continuing impact of Covid-19, Cunard has extended its pause in operations to sailings up to:
- March 25, 2021 for Queen Elizabeth
- April 18, 2021 for Queen Mary 2
- May 16, 2021 for Queen Victoria
Therefore, in addition to the extended pause, all of Queen Elizabeth’s sailings that were due to depart between 26 March and 13 December 2021 will be canceled. This includes all sailings around Australia, Japan and Alaska. These voyages will be replaced with a programme of shorter duration European vacations from Southampton and a series of Mediterranean voyages sailing from Barcelona, all of which will be available to book from September 29, 2020.
Queen Mary 2 2022 sailings, we have made the decision to cancel all planned voyages departing between January 3 and April 3, 2022, including the voyage to South America, and replace them with our much loved classic World Voyage to Australia via the Suez Canal. This new 104-night itinerary will be available to book from September 8, 2020.
New Voyages for Queen Mary 2
All Guests with a retail fare booking will receive a future cruise credit for 125%. The FCC will be set up as 2 amounts, one for 100% of the amount of the cruise fare or deposit and one for 25% of the cruise fare or deposit. The 125% FCC will be for the value of either the monies paid to date (typically the deposit) or the full booking value if the Guest has settled their final balance. This is dependent on what the Guest has paid to their travel advisor. FCCs will be automatically generated 60 days from the date of this notice, effectively August 9, 2020 if a refund has not been requested.
The FCC can be redeemed against any new booking made by the end of December 2021, on any voyage that is on sale at the time of booking. This will give Guests flexibility and choice for their future vacation with us.
If the Guest would like to make a new booking using their FCC, advisors do not need to wait for the FCC to be created in the system. Please have the advisor make the booking and we can apply the FCC retrospectively.
We will issue Onboard Credits to the value of 110% for any purchases Guests have made through MyCunard. These Onboard Credits can be used on the Guests next Cunard voyage.
Guests who would prefer a 100% cash refund should contact their cruise advisor. The refund will be paid directly to the Guest, either by check or using the card they used to pay with (where we have the details). Due to the extraordinary circumstances associated with COVID-19 and the associated impact to our Customer Service team and wider business, refunds may take up to 60 days to be processed
UPDATED SEPTEMBER 15TH, 2020 4:00 PM EST
Disney Cruise Line Extends Suspension of All Departures Through at Least December 6, 2020
As we continue to refine health and safety protocols for our future return to service and await direction from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Disney Cruise Line has decided to further extend its suspension of new sailings.
Sailings are cancelled on board the Disney Fantasy through December 6; the Disney Dream and Disney Wonder through December 11; and the Disney Magic through December 12.
Guests booked on affected sailings who have paid their reservation in full will be offered the choice of a cruise credit to be used for a future sailing or a full refund. Guests who have not paid their reservations in full will automatically receive a refund of what they have paid so far. Affected Guests and travel agents will receive an email from Disney Cruise Line outlining details and next steps.
Guests who booked their reservation through a travel agent should contact them directly with any questions.
Below is a list of impacted sailings:
|Disney Magic||Disney Wonder||Disney Dream||Disney Fantasy|
Oct. 27-Nov. 1
Nov. 28-Dec. 3
Sept. 27-Oct. 4
Oct. 28-Nov. 1
Nov. 27-Dec. 1
Sept. 28-Oct. 2
Nov. 30-Dec. 4
Sept. 29-Oct. 4
Oct. 30-Nov. 2
Nov. 28-Dec. 6
Cruise Date Flexibility Option
Guests now have the flexibility to change their sail date up to 15 days prior to departure for any cruises booked by October 31, 2020 for sailings through May 2021. Learn more about the Cruise Date Flexibility temporary booking policy.
UPDATED SEPTEMBER 14TH, 2020 10:30 AM EST
Holland America is aware of the Cruise Lines International Association and other cruise lines' announcements to extend the COVID-19 cruise pause through Dec 15, 2020. We are currently reviewing impacted itineraries and expect to share those updates sometime next week
Holland America Line announced that Amsterdam, Maasdam, Rotterdam and Veendam will be leaving the fleet and transferring to undisclosed buyers. The ships have been sold in pairs, with the S-Class Maasdam and Veendam transferring to one company in August 2020, while the R-Class Amsterdam and Rotterdam will move to another company in fall 2020.
Holland America Line will cancel cruises for the four ships’ deployments, with some select itineraries being assumed by other ships in the fleet. The 2021 Grand World Voyage aboard Amsterdam will be postponed until 2022 and will now sail aboard Zaandam. The Grand Africa Voyage departing Oct. 10, 2021, aboard Rotterdam will also sail aboard Zaandam on the same dates.
Holland America Line is also extending its pause of cruise operations and cancelling additional departures from the port of Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, in 2020, as well as select Hawaii itineraries for early 2021.
The following cruises are affected:
Sept. 26, 2020, 22-day Panama Canal cruise from Vancouver to Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Sept. 26, 2020, seven-day Pacific Northwest cruise from Vancouver to San Diego, California.
Jan. 16 and Feb. 2, 2021, Circle Hawaii Voyages roundtrip from San Diego.
Sept. 21, 2020, 16-day Mexico and Sea of Cortez itinerary from Vancouver to San Diego.
Sept. 27, 2020, 14-day North Pacific Crossing from Vancouver to Yokohama, Japan.
Sept. 30, Oct. 3 and Oct. 10, 2020, three- and seven-day Pacific Northwest and coastal cruises from Vancouver.
Sept. 20, 2020, 17-day Circle Hawaii cruise roundtrip from Vancouver.
Oct. 7, 2020, 23-day Inca Discovery voyage from Vancouver to San Antonio (Santiago), Chile.
All shorter segments within the above cruise departures are cancelled. Collector Voyage's that combine back-to-back cruises including the above departure dates are also cancelled.
Guests with impacted cruises cancelled on June 12, 2020, will receive a Future Cruise Credit per person as follows:
- Not Paid in Full: those guests with bookings not paid in full will receive a Future Cruise Credit of double the amount of the deposit. The minimum Future Cruise Credit is $100 and the maximum will be an amount up to the base cost of the cruise fare per person. For example, a $200 deposit receives a $400 credit.
- Paid in Full: those guests paid in full will receive 125% Future Cruise Credit of the base cruise fare paid to Holland America Line.
The Future Cruise Credit is valid for 12 months from the date of issue and may be used to book sailings departing through Dec. 31, 2022. The sum of non-cruise purchases, at the guest’s request, can be transferred to a new booking or will automatically be refunded via the method of payment used to purchase the services.
Guests impacted by previously announced cancelled voyages have the following option (on sailings that were scheduled to depart through June 30, 2020, plus all 2020 Alaska Land+Sea Journeys and 2020 Alaska cruises on the following ships: Maasdam, Volendam, Oosterdam, Noordam and Westerdam):
- Option - Defer your refund and receive a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) for 125% of the base cruise fare paid plus an Onboard Credit (OBC) of US$250 per person for bookings that have been paid in full. For bookings not yet paid in full, receive an FCC of 125% of the amount paid (up to 125% of the base cruise fare) plus an OBC of US$250 per person. These credits can be applied toward any future cruises booked within 12 months of issue and sailed by December 31, 2022. Non-cruise fare purchases through Holland America Line can be transferred to a new booking or refunded via the method of payment used to purchase the services. All future cruise credits expire 12 months from the date of issue and are subject to published terms.
- For guests who recently sailed on an affected or shortened voyage and were directed to this page to choose your compensation option, the examples above are for fully canceled cruises and will not exactly match your offers. Please enter your information where directed and select "Option 1" for the higher value future cruise credit offer you received, or "Option 2" for your refund plus future cruise credit offer as outlined in the letter you received.
- The above options are not applicable to guests booked on a charter sailing. If any portion of your travel was not booked through Holland America Line, other booking and cancellation conditions and policies may apply.
- The above options do not apply to EURO zone guests notified of a change to their sailing on or after April 14th, 2020. Please refer to the offer detailed in the letter you received.
Please note: Refunds are being processed by sailing date of the cancelled voyages with the earliest departures being refunded first. We ask for your continued patience in affording us the time to work through the refunds properly. Because we are not able to use our usual automated process, our team is manually handling a large volume of requests while working from home.
Refund schedule for guests with bookings made in US$, CA$, or AU$:
GRAND WORLD, GRAND VOYAGES, ANY SEGMENT OF A GRAND WORLD OR GRAND VOYAGE, 28+ DAY HAWAII, TAHITI & MARQUESAS, AMAZON EXPLORER, INCAN EMPIRES (INCLUDING SEGMENTS), 30+ DAY TRANSATLANTIC VOYAGES AND ANY SEGMENT OF A 30+ DAY TRANSATLANTIC:
Cancellations through 121 days before your trip begins: 100% refund;
120-91 days before your trip begins: 100% refund, less required deposit amount;
90-76 days before your trip begins: 40% refund of full fare;
75 days or less before commencing travel: No refund available.
ALL OTHER VOYAGES 7 NIGHTS OR LONGER (through Summer 2021):
Cancellations through 91 days before your trip begins: 100% refund;
90-64 days before commencing travel: 100% refund, less required deposit amount;
63-43 days before commencing travel: 50% refund of gross fare;
42-22 days before commencing travel: 25% refund of gross fare;
21 days or less before commencing travel: No refund available
ALL OTHER VOYAGES 7 NIGHTS OR LONGER (effective Fall 2021):
Cancellations through 91 days before your trip begins: 100% refund;
90-76 days before commencing travel: 100% refund, less required deposit amount;
75-61 days before commencing travel: 50% refund of gross fare;
60-31 days before commencing travel: 25% refund of gross fare;
30 days or less before commencing travel: No refund available.
VOYAGES UP TO 6 NIGHTS:
Cancellations through 76 days before your trip begins: 100% refund;
75-57 days before commencing travel: 100% refund, less required deposit amount;
56-29 days before commencing travel: 50% refund of gross fare;
28-16 days before commencing travel: 25% refund of gross fare;
15 days or less before commencing travel: No refund available.
CANCELLATION POLICY EXCEPTION: If you have purchased a specially priced promotion that is 100% non-refundable from the point of payment, you are not entitled to any refund, payment, compensation or credit.
UPDATED AUGUST 14th, 2020 2:00 PM EST
North American Cruises operating from U.S. ports until September 30th, 2020.
We have taken the decision to extend our temporary halt of operations in the Mediterranean from August 16 through to and including October 31, 2020 — with the exception of MSC Grandiosa and MSC Magnifica for guests residing in Schengen countries only — and in the Caribbean from October 1 through to and including October 31, 2020.
MSC Grandiosa and MSC Magnifica will resume operations in the Mediterranean starting from August 16 and 29, 2020 respectively.
The two ships will be the first to implement a new comprehensive health and safety protocol that has been approved by the relevant national authorities from the countries that the ships will call along their East and West Mediterranean itineraries this summer.
the two MSC Cruises’ ships operating in the Mediterranean for the current summer season will initially only welcome guests who are residents in Schengen countries. Additionally, their itineraries have been designed according to the accessibility of the ports, reducing — where possible — the need for guests to use public transport or flights, and have been planned in conjunction with the authorities.
MSC Cruises’ new operating protocol has been designed to protect the health and safety of guests and crew as well as the local communities that the Company’s ships visit. For this reason, it meets and goes beyond guidelines provided by key international and regional regulatory and technical bodies, as well as regulations set forth by the governments in the countries in which MSC Cruises’ ships operate. Additionally, RINA, the independent maritime certification corporation, has verified that the protocol meets the European Maritime Safety Agency (EMSA) Guidance, which incorporates additional health standards including those from the EU Healthy Gateways Joint Action. MSC Cruises has worked to encompass every aspect of the guest’s journey from the moment of booking, embarkation and life on board through to disembarkation and the return home, while preserving the uniqueness of the guest experience.
September 5, 2020
Repositioning – Kiel, Germany to New York
September 22, 2020
New York to Canada
October 2, 2020
New York to Canada & New England
October 12, 2020
New York to Canada
October 22, 2020
Repositioning – New York to Miami
Northern Europe through to the end of the current season, affecting cruises scheduled to depart between August 1 and October 18 included
Specifically, this impacts the following ships and sailings in Northern Europe:
- MSC Meraviglia sailings departing from Kiel August 1 – August 29
- Note, MSC Cruises previously canceled the MSC Meraviglia repositioning cruise from Kiel to NY on Sept. 5, as well as all MSC Meraviglia cruises departing from NY from Sept. 22 through Oct. 22.
- MSC Poesia sailings departing from Copenhagen and Warnemunde August 1 – September 13
- MSC Preziosa sailings departing from Hamburg August 4 – October 18
- MSC Splendida sailings departing from Kiel August 2 – September 17 and Copenhagen September 18
For guests impacted by the Northern Europe canceled sailings outlined above, no action is necessary.
As a guest paid in full and booked through MSC Cruises on one of the above listed cruises we will automatically provide you a 125% Future Cruise Credit of your original cruise fare paid to be used on a sailing on or before December 31, 2021. The Future Cruise Credit will be directly sent to the email we have on file for your reservation by July 22, so there is no need for you to do anything. Please note, any applicable pre-paid items and government taxes and fees will be automatically refunded to your original form of payment.
For Guests impacted by the August 1 – September 15, 2020 canceled sailings on MSC Seaside and MSC Armonia, no action is necessary. The Future Cruise Credits will be automatically sent to the email we have on file by Monday, July 13. Please note, any applicable prepaid items and government taxes and fees will be automatically refunded to your client’s original form of payment.
If you wish to receive a refund instead, for your convenience, you can submit the request through your travel agents starting July 13th 2020. Refunds will be issued within 60 days from the date the refund is requested.
JULY 11 – JULY 31 CANCELED SAILINGS
For cruises impacted by the July 11-July 31 canceled sailings, no action is necessary.
If you wish to receive a refund instead, for your convenience, you can submit the request through your travel agents. Refunds will be issued within 60 days from the date the refund is requested.
SUMMER 2021 PROGRAM – NEW DEPLOYMENT AND CANCELLATIONS
Spring-Summer-Fall 2021 New Deployment
MSC Cruises 2021 program offers guests choice and flexibility, with multiple options so you can book with confidence.
Key highlights of the new Caribbean and Bahamas deployment include:
- New Port Canaveral Homeport: MSC Divina 3-, 4-, and 7-night cruises departing from Port Canaveral on Sundays and Thursdays
- MSC Meraviglia 7-night cruises from Miami to the Caribbean, departing every Saturday
- MSC Armonia shorter 3- and 4-night getaway cruises from Miami, departing every Monday and Friday
All three ships will call MSC Cruises’ new, exclusive private island, Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve, in The Bahamas. Located just 65 miles from Miami and surrounded by 64 square miles of marine reserve, Ocean Cay offers guests a unique opportunity to discover local marine life, soak up the spirit of Bahamian culture and reconnect with themselves and each other.
Spring-Summer-Fall 2021 Cancellations
While MSC Cruises is excited to confirm its new 2021 deployment, this has also resulted in the need for MSC Cruises to cancel some of our previously scheduled itineraries for March – November 2021.
This includes the following:
- All MSC Armonia itineraries from Tampa, Florida from May 2, 2021 – Oct. 31, 2021
- All MSC Divina itineraries from Miami, Florida from March 28, 2021 – August 22, 2021
- All MSC Divina itineraries from New York from Sept. 3, 2021 – Oct. 23, 2021
Guests impacted by the March – November 2021 canceled sailings mentioned above have the opportunity to move the amount currently paid on their booking to any other cruise and sailing in MSC Cruises’ fleet and receive a $50 per person shipboard credit. The new booking must be made within the next 60 days, good for any MSC Cruises sailing. If a refund of the existing amount currently paid on the booking is preferred, we will issue this within 60 days from the request date.
MSC CRUISE ASSURANCE PROGRAM
MSC Cruises USA also announced today that it has extended its Cruise Assurance program until October 31, 2020. To provide our Guests extra flexibility and confidence. With the Cruise Assurance program Guests that have already booked on an MSC Cruises’ sailing between August 1 and October 31, 2020 are able to cancel their sailing up to 48 hours prior to departure and receive a 100% Future Cruise Credit to be used toward any ship and any itinerary on or before December 31, 2021.
The new program includes the following temporary guest cancellation policy*:
- MSC Cruises USA also announced today that it has extended its Cruise Assurance program until October 31, 2020. To provide our Guests extra flexibility and confidence. With the Cruise Assurance program Guests that have already booked on an MSC Cruises’ sailing between August 1 and October 31, 2020 are able to cancel their sailing up to 48 hours prior to departure and receive a 100% Future Cruise Credit to be used toward any ship and any itinerary on or before December 31, 2021.
- GFT's and any applicable pre-paid items will be refunded to original form of payment
- 125% Future Cruise Credit
"For all guests impacted by the cancelled Caribbean sailings we are offering a Future Cruise Credit for 125% of the original cruise fare paid. The future cruise credit can be used on any sailing departing before December 31, 2021. Any applicable pre-paid items and government taxes will be refunded to the original form of payment"
The Cruise Assurance Program provide guests with comfort and flexibility when looking at upcoming travel plans. Advisors can also take advantage of reduced $49 deposits through September 30, 2020, and reduced single stateroom supplements at 150% from August 1, 2020 - March 31, 2021.
Information, changes and cancellations are available below:
UPDATED AUGUST 26TH, 2020 9:30 AM
SAILING SUSPENSION: Given the continued impact to communities around the globe, as well as various travel and port restrictions, today we are extending our voluntary temporary suspension of all voyages through October 31, 2020
All guests with current and active bookings affected by this suspension will automatically receive an enhanced value future cruise credit (FCC) of 125% of the fare paid. The FCCs for these voyages will be issued no later than Thursday, July 30, 2020, and can be applied anytime within one year of issue date and toward any Norwegian Cruise Line voyage through December 31, 2022.
All sailings that were previously canceled by Norwegian Cruise Line, Norwegian Cruise Line is no longer accepting requests for refunds.
Due to redeployment, Norwegian Cruise Line has also canceled the following sailing on the Norwegian Epic sailings:
- October 31, 2021 from Barcelona, Spain
- November 3, 2021 from Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy
- November 7, 2021 from Barcelona, Spain
- November 10, 2021 from Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy
Please be advised that a full refund will be automatically returned to the form of payment provided at the time of booking. In addition, as we are sure you share our disappointment, we have issued a future cruise credit, worth 10% toward your future cruise. This credit can be used for up to one year from the date of issue and can be applied towards any of our currently published sailings through December 31, 2022. The future cruise credit will be available by August 5, 2020.
PEACE OF MIND POLICY:
Peace of Mind Update
To provide you and your clients with the utmost confidence in booking, we are extending our Peace of Mind policy to include existing or new reservations made by September 30, 2020:
2020 Sailings: Guests are free to cancel anytime up to 48 hours in advance of embarkation (for any voyage embarking through December 31, 2020)
2021 Sailings: Guests are free to cancel anytime up to 15 days in advance of embarkation (for any voyage embarking January 1, 2021 through October 31, 2021)
This policy applies to individual and group bookings.
When guests choose to cancel via our Peace of Mind policy, they will receive a full refund in the form of a Future Cruise Credit to be used for sailings that embark through December 31, 2022. If guests opt to cancel a future reservation without taking advantage of our Peace of Mind policy, we ask that you, as their travel advisor, contact us via phone. Our standard cancellation policies will apply in that instance. To help answer additional questions, please review our Peace of Mind FAQs.
Final Payment Update
We are also extending our 60-Day Final Payment Policy to include all sailings through March 31, 2021, versus the standard 120 days for both new and existing reservations. This postpones final payment and cancellation penalties to 60 days prior to sailing.
UPDATED SEPTEMBER 14, 2020 10:00 AM EST
We have extended our pause of global ship operations through Dec 15th
Princess Cruises is extending its pause of global ship operations and has therefore made the extremely difficult decision to cancel select cruises through the end of the 2020 summer season, including the following cruises and associated cruisetours:
- All cruises sailing in and out of Australia on Majestic Princess, Regal Princess, Sapphire Princess, Sea Princess, and Sun Princess through October 31, 2020
- All sailings in Asia, Caribbean, California Coast, Hawaii, Mexico, Panama Canal, South America & Antarctica, Japan, and Tahiti/South Pacific through December 15, 2020
- Princess Cruises is extending its pause in cruise operations in Australia through December 12, 2020 that includes cruises throughout Australia and New Zealand.
Due to travel restrictions announced by the Canadian government, we have extended our pause of global ship operations and have cancelled the voyages listed below.View Details & FAQ. Additional details about the cancelled voyages can be found here.
Cancel up to 30 days before you sail and receive a Future Cruise Credit** for any cancellation fees and a refund of additional funds received to the original payment method.
Cancelled bookings that are paid in full
We hope that our Guests who are paid in full will stick with us by accepting a special higher value future cruise credit (FCC) offer. Our Guests will receive 100% of the value of the cruise or cruisetour fare paid as a future cruise credit, and they’ll also receive an additional 25% bonus FCC. The FCCs can be used on any voyage through May 1, 2022. No action is required to receive this option and you will be notified by email once the credit has been issued.
Cancelled bookings that are not paid in full
For those guests with bookings not paid in full, they will receive Double the Deposit, which includes a refundable FCC for the money currently on deposit, plus a matching bonus FCC that can be used on any voyage through May 1, 2022. The matching bonus FCC will not exceed the base cruise fare amount of the current cruise and will have a minimum value of $100 per person. In order to receive the above FCCs, no action is required.
Money paid in excess of the cruise fare for Princess Vacation Protection, taxes, fees and port expenses, airfare or hotel packages will be refunded or transferred to a new booking if you’re ready to rebook. In any event, prepaid shore excursions and/or special service items will be refunded.
As an example, if you paid a deposit of $100 or less (perhaps during a dollar deposit sale), you would receive a $100 bonus deposit. Conversely, if you had paid a deposit of $100, plus $900 on a $2,000 cruise fare, you would receive an FCC totaling $1,000 (100% of money paid), plus matching $1,000 bonus FCC. In the case that the monies your c paid toward the cruise exceed the value of the cruise fare, the amount beyond the cruise fare will be refunded or transferred to a new booking if you are ready to rebook.
Effective immediately, existing Cruise with Confidence policies are now extended to all cruises departing April 30, 2021 or earlier
- Guests can cancel up to 30 days before their sailing date and receive a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) for any cancellation fees and a refund of additional funds received to the original payment method.
- Based on demand from your clients to delay making their Final Payment, we will continue with our policy to allow Final Payment 60 days prior to departure.
- No fees assessed prior to 60 days, and all deposits are refundable.
- This change applies to new and existing bookings made by the Final Payment date (60 days prior to departure) on cruises and cruisetours.
UPDATED SEPTEMBER 15TH, 2020 5:00 PM EST
We have decided to extend the suspension of sailings for our global fleet for all sailings through October 31st, 2020. Our goal is to resume operations on November 1st, 2020. However, the following circumstances have extended the suspension for the following ships and sailings:
- European & Transatlantic sailings through the end of November 2020.
- Australia sailings through December 31st, 2020.
- Odyssey of the Seas sailings from November 5th, 2020 through April 17th, 2021 will be cancelled. Given the closure of shipyards along with the disruption to the supply chain caused by this pandemic, we’ll need additional time to complete the Odyssey of the Seas’ scheduled construction.
- Liberty of the Seas’ amplification has been postponed to a later date, and the ship will now sail to Galveston earlier than planned. Regrettably, only one ship can dock at the Galveston pier at a time, so we have to cancel our February 14, 2021 Jewel of the Seas cruise.
|Option #1 (Lift & Shift)||Option #2 (Best Value)||Option #3 (Lower Value)|
|Offer||Only available for sailings cancelled as part of our global suspension on May 20th, 2020 or after. Move to a qualifying cruise in 2021 and price/promotions are protected!||125% Future Cruise Credit (FCC) when booking on-or-before Dec 31st, 2021 and sailing through April 30th 2022||100% refund of amount paid valid through Decemer 31, 2020|
|Action Items||Contact your travel agency||It's Simple‑ no Action Needed From You! FCC is Automatically issued to all impacted guests||Contact your travel agency|
You can expect to receive your refund approximately 90 days after their request is submitted*****
This amount will be based on your total cruise fare paid (or Cruisetour, if applicable). And, we’re giving you a little extra, knowing that this is such a unique circumstance.
We will automatically issue you your Future Cruise Credit (FCC) via email. So, there’s nothing for you to do! You can expect to receive your FCC by:
- As a result of this change, we’re providing you with a 125% Future Cruise Credit to come back and sail with us by April 30th, 2022. Please re-book using your FCC by December 31st, 2021. We will automatically issue you your Future Cruise Credit (FCC) via email. So, there’s nothing for you to do!
- Please know, taxes & fees and any RoyalUp upgrades will be automatically refunded. You can expect to see these in 45 days.
- If you used a Cruise with Confidence certificate on this sailing, you’ll receive a new Future Cruise Certificate for 125% of your total cruise fare value paid, including the value of your original certificate.
Lift and Shift
If you prefer to move your existing booking to a 2021 sailing – we’re happy to move you! We will price protect the original pricing and/or promotion on the same itinerary, length, product, and stateroom category as your original sailing within 4 weeks (before or after) of the original sail date in 2021. For example, if you are moving from a July 30th, 2020 sailing, you can move to a sailing that is the same itinerary, length, product, and stateroom category, and the sail date between June 30th, 2021 – August 30th, 2021.
- If your sailing was cancelled on:
- Pease contact your Travel Advisor or call us by September 28th to move to a new sailing
- If we don’t hear from you, we will automatically issue your Future Cruise Credit.
- Only available for sailings cancelled as part of our global suspension on May 20th, 2020 or after.
- Complimentary Casino offers are not eligible for Lift and Shift.
Please know, taxes & fees and any RoyalUp upgrades will be automatically refunded. You can expect to see these in 90 days.
◦ If you opted into the Cruise with Confidence 100% Future Cruise Credit for this sailing, you do not qualify for this offer.
◦ And, if you used a Cruise with Confidence certificate on this sailing, you’ll receive a new Future Cruise Certificate for 125% of your total cruise fare value paid, including the value of your original certificate.
◦ And, if you used a Future Cruise Certificate on this sailing, you’ll receive a new Future Cruise Certificate. This will be for 125% of any new monetary funds paid on this sailing, plus the reactivated value of your original certificate at 100% of its worth, with an expiration date of December 31, 2021 and a sail by date of April 30th, 2022.
UPDATED SEPTEMBER 2ND, 2020 10:00 AM EST
It will extend the voluntary pause of global operations for its five cruise ships.
The pause will apply to each of Seabourn’s five ships differently with each having a different “effective through” date in either October or November. Specific details are as follows
- Seabourn Odyssey: with its operations pause effective through December 5, 2020. Update: Seabourn is continuing to assess the timing to resume operations on Seabourn Odyssey in the Caribbean. As a courtesy to guests booked on December sailings aboard Seabourn Odyssey, final payment will now be due 60 days prior to departure.
- Seabourn Sojourn: paused through World Cruise 2021, with its operations pause effective through May 24, 2021.
- Seabourn Quest: operations pause effective through May 10, 2021
- Seabourn Encore: operations pause effective through January 6, 2021
- Seabourn Ovation: operations pause effective through January 3, 2021
Seabourn will be communicating changes for voyages scheduled to depart in the extension window with all booked guests and their travel advisors.
Guests Automatically Receive Future Cruise Credit
Guests with impacted cruises will automatically be cancelled, and all guests will receive a Future Cruise Credit as follows:
- Paid in Full: those guests paid in full will receive 125% Future Cruise Credit of the base cruise fare paid to Seabourn.
- Under Deposit: those guests with bookings under deposit will receive a Future Cruise Credit valued at 125% of the deposit amount paid, plus an onboard credit of $300 per suite.
The Future Cruise Credit is valid for 12 months from the date of issue and may be used to book sailings departing through Dec. 31, 2022. The amount of non-cruise fare purchases may be transferred to a new booking to be used in any manner selected by the guest. Alternatively, guests may request a refund of the monies paid to Seabourn, which will be reimbursed to the original form of payment.
Guests and their travel advisors will be sent specific details applicable to their booking. Seabourn asks guests and travel advisors to use the online resources available on its website first rather than calling the Reservation Call Center for information about the cancellations due to the possibility of high call volumes and the potential of long on-hold wait times.
UPDATED AUGUST 12TH, 2020 5:00 PM EST
We have made the decision to expand our temporary suspension of cruises through December 31, 2020
- Option #1 - A Future Cruise Voucher valued at 125% of all monies paid. Fully transferable and redeemable on any Viking product, ocean, river or expedition. 24 months to redeem to ensure you have ample time to select a new voyage
- Option #2 - A refund equal to the amount paid upon request.
Risk-Free Guarantee is still available until June 30, 2020
This temporary exception to Viking’s standard booking terms is applicable to two groups of guests:
- All guests who make a NEW reservation through June 30, 2020. This includes reservations for all departure dates and products currently available for sale.
Those who are covered by the Risk-Free Guarantee program can change their cruise date or cancel their cruise at any time up until 24 hours before their planned departure, without incurring fees
AUGUST 21ST ,2020 4:00 PM EST
We remain focused on supporting you and fully understand why many travelers are choosing to postpone their trips until more is known about the spread and impact of COVID-19. Therefore, we are, as a special accommodation and in the interest of serving our customers in this crisis, allowing customers who were to depart on their trip between January 29 and December 31, 2020, to modify their plan coverage dates by applying for a voucher to be used for a policy covering a future booking
You may apply for your voucher by visiting www.generalitravel.com/voucher
"The Coronavirus outbreak is considered a foreseeable event under any plans purchased on or after January 29, 2020. That means you could be covered if you are diagnosed with Coronavirus, but foreseeable events such as becoming quarantined due to the Coronavirus will not be covered. Please note, our plans will not cover fear of travel, unless you purchased Trip Cancellation for Any Reason coverage. Customers are strongly encouraged to read their Description of Coverage or Insurance Policy for details regarding their available coverage"